LUNCH FOR 9/25/2020: Pizza, cooked carrots, corn
Breakfast on 9/28/2020: Donuts
LUNCH FOR 9/28/2020: Spicy Chicken, lettuce salad, French fries
Other Options Available are: Ham & Cheese Salad (includes lettuce, ham, cheese, breade) or Buffalo Wrap (includes tortilla, chicken, shredded cheese, franks red hot sauce, celery) or Turkey lunchable (includes flatbread, turkey, cheese)
- BIRTHDAYS FOR 9/25: Evan Bolinger and Deven Thorpe
- WEEKEND BIRTHDAYS: Owen Omondi, Isaiah Felix, Reese Rensberger
- CONGRATULATIONS to the following students on being selected PBIS Winners: Dalynne Bussard/Mr. Williams, Payton Kohler/Ms. Shoemaker, Taylor McGriff/Ms. Shoemaker, Oliver Trigg/Ms. Huff, Owen Omondi/Mrs. Early, Kaitlyn Threlkel/Ms. Heckman
- Please remember that cloth masks should be washed regularly, preferably daily. Wash your masks with soap and the warmest water safe for the material. Dry masks on high heat in the dryer or air dry in direct sunlight.
- Today is the mid-term date for the first trimester of the school year. We are excited to still be in-person at school and moving along mostly “normal.” Traditionally, we have sent mid-term reports home in an envelope and requested parent signatures. At present, we have ample technology access to move the mid-term check to a digital process. Instead of envelopes, we are simply asking parents to login to the parent portal of SKYWARD and check your student’s progress. If you have not used SKYWARD, follow the link below and login to access your child’s grades, attendance, and discipline information. If you need login information, contact the TVMS office and one of the secretaries will assist you. http://tippecanoevalleyschools.com/schools/tvms/ Skyward has a nice feature that will allow you to set up an automated progress report. If you select the Account Settings tab, check the box next to Receive Progress Report E-mails for my student(s), and then select daily or weekly, Skyward will send an automated Progress Report to your e-mail daily or weekly. In Skyward, you can limit the details of what you see to active classes only by se3lecting the Display Options tab and selecting Show Subjects, Show Skills, and Show Current Grades Only.
- Extra-curricular eligibility checks begin TODAY! Student grades are checked at 8 a.m. this morning. Any seventh or eighth grade student who has a grade of “F” will be ineligible to participate in any after school activities or contests for one week (Friday to Friday). Athletes may still attend practices, but cannot compete in any competitions during the week if they are ruled ineligible.
- In October, Parent-Teacher Conferences will be held prior to Fall Break. With COVID-19 still a concern, we are asking that all conferences be held virtually using either ZOOM or MS Teams video conferencing. Teachers will be in touch in early October to schedule your virtual parent conference.
- Starting Monday, September 28th Mrs. Wilson from the cafeteria will be offering after school the TVMS Snack Shack! Items such as chips, cheese sticks, granola bars, waters and Viking waters will be available to purchase right after school until 3:35 p.m. So in case you forgot your snack or drink for practice or your game go see Mrs. Wilson at the Snack Shack and she will fix you right up!
- The TVMS Library is raising funds to help provide essential tools for our teachers. These tools are needed to help our students become successful. In light of current events, student and staff safety has become our most important issue. That’s why we are partnering with a company that specializes in safe, no-contact fundraising. They have helped schools like ours raise more than $150 million dollars. This safe and easy fundraiser is 100% online so there is no face-to-face selling, collecting money, or delivering products. Participation only takes 12 minutes, and your child will win fun and exciting prizes. Every student will receive a valuable Wild Republic Hugger or earbuds, just for participating. More prizes will be rewarded when goals are reached. Please help now. It really will make a difference. Go to https://www.schoolstore.net/sid.t?368573 to show our valued teachers your support for Tippecanoe Valley Middle School. Any questions please see Mrs. Grossman or Mrs. Michel in the library.
- Parents/Students: If you are changing your end of the day travel plans please make sure changes are made by 2:30 p.m. each day. Please call the middle school office at 574-598-2200 with the changes that need to be made so we can make sure that the student is notified in a timely manner.
- Viking Vittles: this program runs similar to the Boomerang Backpacks. On Fridays, a bag of groceries/snacks will be sent home to help provide a little extra food for students and their families who sign up for this program. If you are interested in the program please come to the office and pick up a form. Any questions please see Mrs. Early.
- REMINDER due to Covid school start times for TVMS have been adjusted. Please make sure students arrive on time! If you arrive after each listed start time you will be marked late/absent. 6th GRADE starts: 8:07 a.m. 7th GRADE starts: 8:11 a.m. 8th GRADE starts: 8:15 a.m.
- Transportation concerns are to be reported on the corporation website http://tippecanoevalleyschools.com/transportation. Due to Covid-19 pandemic, TVSC will only allow students to be picked up/dropped off at locations of family members. Students riding to friends’ houses will not be permitted this school year. Bus drivers are to maintain a file of notes for the school year when approved by the principal and presented by the student to change transportation to the other family member’s residence.
- TVMS Ultimate Frisbee Club will be held every Thursday right after school until 4:45 p.m. here at TVMS. All are welcomed but you must stay eligible (no F’s). Wear PE clothes appropriate for playing outside and make sure to bring water! Rides must be prompt and arrive at 4:45 p.m. Any questions please see Mrs. Hunn, club sponsor.
- Students: Remember if you are going to eat breakfast here in the mornings, when you arrive at the school you must go straight to the lunchroom and eat and then head to your first period class. There are many yummy items available for breakfast. If you would like a menu please stop by the office and Mrs. Miller will get you a menu.
- Yearbooks from 2019-2020 are now available. The cost is $20. There is a limited supply of extra so when they are gone, they are gone. If you ordered a yearbook please go see Mrs. Grossman in the library.
- Remote-Learning is an option. An enrollment form for remote learning will be sent out Wednesday, July 22nd. For planning purposes, please try to have this completed by Wednesday, July 29th. Families will still need to enroll their students on Skyward beginning July 27th. Questions and concerns can be directed to the building principal.
- Students and Staff will be trained to recognize the symptoms for COVID-19. Each student/family and staff member is expected to self-screen at home for symptoms of COVID-19. If individuals test positive for COVID-19 or exhibit one or more of the following symptoms, then they should not come to school/work – a fever of 100.0 degrees or higher, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, chills, diarrhea, repeated shaking with chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat, loss of taste or smell.
- Symptoms and Positive Test Protocols as per the Indiana State Department of Health will be posted in the school. If you would like a copy please contact the school.
- TVSC will work with the local Health Department on contact tracing, documentation and reporting.
- Students will wear masks in specific situations as defined by the CDC and Indiana State Department of Health when physical distancing is not possible.
- Buses shall be sanitized after each route. Students will wear a mask on the bus, in the hallways, and during passing periods.
- Instructional space and daily schedules will be maximized in order to promote social distancing.
- Hand washing and repeated use of hand sanitizer will be expected throughout the school day. Sanitizer is available in all classrooms and personally for each teacher. Cleaning wipes will be available for door handles and commonly touched areas.
- Computers will be assigned to students in grades 6-12.
- Schools will utilize proven cleaning products and procedures to ensure a healthy and clean environment.
- Each student will be provided a water bottle. Water bottle filling stations will be utilized in each building. Traditional water fountains will not be available as per the CDC guidelines.
- Classrooms will be set up so students are facing one direction. Seating charts will be utilized in classrooms, buses, and the cafeteria.
- Cafeteria schedules and procedures will be adjusted to maximize spaces and adhere to safety guidelines.
- Each building will identify a separate space in the building to respond to symptomatic students. Parents/Guardians are encouraged to list multiple contacts that are available when contacted by the school.
- Supply sharing will be minimized and proper sanitation will be implemented.
- P.E. will be held outside when possible.
- Students who enrolled in remote learning shall NOT participate in extracurricular activities at school.
- Greater restrictions on visitors and guests in our building will be in place.
- Field trips and convocations will NOT occur until further notice.
- If the number of cases of COVID-19 reaches a level where state and local officials determine a change in our schedule needs to occur, we potentially will implement more restrictions within the school setting in attempt to remain open.
- Additionally, in cooperation with the local health departments, our schools will have a common response to confirmed cases of COVID-19. Each case will be handled on an individual basis with the goal of keeping our school open.
- Tippecanoe Valley hosts a Safe Schools Hotline, a service that provides a means of reporting incidents or possible threats before they happen, so TVSC can take the steps necessary to prevent them from taking place. TVSC Safe Schools Hotline is a telephone application (voice or text message) that allows students, parents, and members of the community to report threats of violence, bullying, suicide, theft, gang activity, drug use, vandalism or any other concern at any TVSC school. With this telephone application, when someone calls the number to report a threat or problem, the caller is prompted to leave a message along with any other important information. The message is immediately transmitted via telephone, cell phone and email to the building administrators and the TVSC school resource officer. TVSC has the ability to manage the calls through a web site, where school officials can see and download call reports. A full transcript of the call is transmitted with each email so that the administrator has first-hand knowledge of the call received. A school administrator will evaluate the potential threat level and respond accordingly. If you have first-hand knowledge of a potentially harmful situation, please call the TVSC Safe Schools Hotline at (574) 387-3825.
- Attention parents/family dropping students off at the main TVMS entrance before school or picking kids up after school. DO NOT park in the parking spots on the circle unless you are coming into the building or are waiting for a student. Please stay in order in the traffic lane of the circle and drop off/pick up your student at the NO PARKING area in front of the main entrance sidewalk. DO NOT PASS other vehicles on the circle and be aware of kids getting in or out of parked cars. Then exit the circle. It is imperative that we follow this procedure to keep our students safe. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.